Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Disco Duds!


Blech! Ok so there are four finalists left and AI decides to go with Barry Gibb and disco night. What a mistake. I was so bored out of my mind that I kept switching the channel to a rerun of CSI on SPIKE.

The night should have showcased the talents of the remaining four by allowing them to sing what they wanted. I feel we could have gotten stronger performances out of everyone.

Melinda received her usual praise; she was good, but to me very bland and boring. I’m not sure exactly why she chose those mellow and soft songs? I do not think she is going home but I certainly wouldn’t have voted for her last night.

Blake chose one good song, ‘You Should be Dancing”. His second choice was some other obscure song no one had heard of or cares about. Randy and Simon didn’t care much at all for Blake’s interpretations; Simon even called the first one ‘cheesy’. Guess I am cheesy because I thought Blasé rocked the house with his beat box fusion and modern crooning. I think Paula has a thing for young guys so it was no surprise that she showered Blake with kudos.

Lakisha proved again that she has strong vocals, but again I think it was a question of poor song choices. Again I found myself flipping channels during her second performance. If I had my choice, Lakisha would go this week. Not because I dislike her or anything, just because I think she had the weakest performances. Oh and I didn’t even take into account her voice kind of giving out in the end.

Jordin knocked it out last night. She proved once again that she is beyond her youthful years. The judges agreed, by calling her first performance the best of the night. There is tons of talk this morning about her second choice, ‘Woman in Love’. Not very Striesand-ish, but then maybe that’s why I thought it was ok. Jordin should be safe.

It gets tough from here on out and I think regardless of who is sent home tonight, they all need to step up next week and rock the house. Tune in t Fox tonight. Also Blake Lewis is scheduled to tentatively be scheduled to perform on Seattle’s local Fox affiliate Q13 Friday morning, if he gets sent home.
TV Tim

No comments: