Thursday, April 12, 2007

Haley's History

Little surprise last night that Haley was the latest to get the boot on American Idol. I really think Haley has a Katherine McFee sort of feel (but not as alluring) and I have no doubt that she will be successful going forward.
I think even more surprising was the fact that Chris received less votes than Sanjaya, but more on that later. America finally got to hear the gang belt out some Ricky Martin. I've already heard and read this morning that many were not impressed with this one, but I loved it. The Ford commercial however can go!
We were treated to two pretty outstanding performances by Akon and of course Jennifer Lopez. I'm thinking that these Wednesday reveal shows for AI is the hottest ticket in Los Angeles and I think I even saw Sharon Osbourne in the audience. Speaking of reality TV shows we miss....
Ok back to Sanjaya. I've already heard too much talk today about him winning the show. Frankly its not going to happen. There are clearly a huge number for people voting and for Sanjaya to still be hangin' near the bottom speaks volumes. Unfortunately though this is the time in the show where we have to start thinking that people who shouldn't be voted will. But isn't that what its all about? We're down to seven and they're all pretty good at this point and we have to start considering the fact that Sanjaya may be around for a few more weeks to come. Stay tuned.
TV Tim

No comments: