Thursday, May 17, 2007

Holy Cow!

Like the rest of America I was ready for Ryan Seacrest to say, "Melinda, America has voted and you....are safe!" Well as we all know by now, America did vote and left Melinda Doolittle out of the AI finale.

As Paula, Randy and Simon stated, Melinda has nothing to worry about. She definitely is on her way to a brilliant career and now has the freedom to follow her own path. I think what it came down to is the songs she performed on Tuesday night. I don't think they carried mass appeal for the younger audience. Melinda has great range and can sing songs not necessarily popular with a younger crowd. All season long I think she lacked performing songs that were fresher, hipper and younger. Regardless, I cant wait to hear her music away from AI. Congratulations Melinda!

Melinda's departure leaves Jordin and Blake to duke it out for the title of American Idol. It was great to see local Seattle. burbs resident Blake, enjoying his trip home last Friday and the jammed packed schedule of events. I walked down to Westlake Plaza and caught some of Blake's performance with Sir Mix-Alot. I'm really excited to see what direction Blake will take with an album once this is all over.

As much as I want Blake to win, I think this is Jordin's competition to lose now. She's young and brings alot of appeal in that Jo-Jo, Brandy, Hillary Duff sort of way. I can see her on album covers and hear her on the pop charts.

Either way I hope they both go all out next week and try something original. Congratulations to Blake and Jordin for making it into the finale!

TV Tim

PS I'm glad someone told Blake that his outfit last week was hideous and to wear something that didnt make him look so short and chubby.

No comments: